Pages

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Reflections from Lesson 1+2

I've found our introductory lessons to film classification very interesting.
Something I learnt was that local authorities can overturn the decision of the BBFC. I had no idea that this was possible and thought the decision of the BBFC was like law and classifications given were final.

I also found looking at the guidelines very interesting especially those for films rated "U" and "PG". The guidelines for "U" films were very subjective and left seemingly little left to work with. I think these guidelines will definitely need to have a major revision in the future as the younger generations are becoming more and more desensitised certain issues in the society that these guidelines are trying to protect them from.

A fact that shocked me was that only one or two films are rejected each year. I would have thought that with some of the outrageous ideas of directors, there would be loads more films given a thumbs down by the BBFC.

1 comments:

. said...

fabulous notes for week 1 pat, as always you seem really interested in the lessons and your notes reflect this. great work. miss b :-)

Post a Comment