Pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

PCC Seminar

I found the seminar very interesting on Wednesday. It was great to see where they actually work and it was totally different to how I imagined it. I thought it would be a very uninviting serious place but was surprised to find it to be very friendly; definitely the kind of place I would go if I wanted to complain about the press.

Something I didn't expect was that if something discriminatory is written against a specific individual, the complaint will not be upheld unless that specific individual complains.

I liked the examples we were shown and how the reasons why decisions were made were clearly explained to us. It was great that the woman giving the seminar actually worked in the PCC and was involved in dealing with complaints.

0 comments:

Post a Comment